Saturday, May 4, 2013

Fit For A King...

I a good friend of mine shared this song with me and... I don't have words for how incredible it is  so you just have to listen to it... Listen to it carefully to each word. Let it resonate in your soul.

I love the ocean. (I love a lot of things haha Mountians, Snow, CORN FIELDS! just to name a few)  but the Ocean holds a certain sense of freedom that is breath taking. It just doesn't compare to anything really...  When I was a kid I used to rush into the waves and "body surf" I thought I was pretty cool and all. My cousins and I had special moves for each wave like the "Superman" or the "Flip" haha but one of my favorites was what I called the "Rag doll". I literally would relax my body and let the wave just carry me... It would throw me around, tossed and twirled, I wouldn't even know which way was up! But I loved it. I would hold my breath *big cheeks and all; then  I would just wait. I would wait for all to be calm before I could pop back up and take a breath. Sometimes it was more like a gasp for air right before the next wave took me under!
   Sounds crazy right? yup that's me. Now I'm 24 years old. I'm still shocked that I've made it thus far... lol Anyway as I was sitting here reliving that ocean experience  remembering the weightlessness remembering the uncertainty and the rush of it all I couldn't help but relate it to how I feel right now. Life has its up and downs and there are times when you wont even know which way is up. But for as much as I feel like everything is uncertain I do know who carries me, and I do know He wont let me go. Just as the ocean surrounded me then he surrounds me now. His presence (penaii) bring the most joy the most freedom I have ever felt. And what a rush it is to live like this... (It's not always easy and I have had my share of doubts) but God has always proven faithful even when I am not. (Thank you Jesus... for everything)

2 comments:

  1. I saw the title and had to stop a bit. Fit for a King is also a country song.. I wrote a paper on it in college, so that's what I thought you were going to have on here, haha! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8bsAC_HHkcM <-- also a good song (ignore the video, I couldn't find any other

    I enjoy when you write and I've never heard the song... but I really liked it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love this! I just wrote at somewhat similar post, and then i saw this. Thanks for sharing :)

    ReplyDelete