Monday, August 29, 2011

Oltrema

Currently listening to Oltrema by Ludovico Einaudi. He has become my favorite composer by far! Oltrema means: The maximum or minimum value of a function. Being here in Cajamarca, Peru is wonderful! I absolutly love it and there is no doubt in my mind that this was meant to be. However I am struggling with being all that i can be. Romans 8 has to be my favorite chapter in the Bible and  right now I'm listening to Chuck Smith's commentary on it. (his commentary on both chapter 7 and chapter 8 are equally challenging) But on chapter 8 he posses this question, "Am I lead by the Spirit of God?" so then  I have to ask myself are my choices based on God or are they based on my desires and then I pray about it? I don't want to be run by the things i desire but i want my desires to be His. Sighs, It's so easy to just feel like a failure because I'm not the child of God that i want to be and that's when Romans 8:1 comes in. (If Romans is my favorite book and chapter 8 is my favorite chapter then verse 1 has to be my favorite verse)

Romans 8:1 "There is therefore now no condemnation to them which are in Christ Jesus, who walk not after the flesh, but after the Spirit "
And then Pastor chuck says,"I think that this particular verse has meant more to me than almost any other passage of scripture, because I lived so many years of my Christian life in constant condemnation. Because, though my spirit was indeed willing, my flesh was weak. "
 I cant agree with him more. That has been a constant struggle for me but we are free from condemnation. God wants us to move on, He wants us to give over our sins our failings and to rest in His salvation His forgiveness  Whoever reads this I want you to know, the price has already been paid you no longer have to dwell on your mistakes Christ has nailed them to the cross once you repent and you are free.

No comments:

Post a Comment