Saturday, September 28, 2013

Thankful

Are you thankful for internet? When I realized how thankful I was for internet by living without it  then the electricity went out and I had to think... Am I thankful for electricity?....    Are you thankful for hot water? When we only have freezing cold water it can be hard but I am thankful.... and then the water went out...  How thankful are you for water? In the states you can drink the water from the faucet are you thankful for that?   It is truly a blessing to be able to do that. We have been pumping by hand water through a filter for about 50 ppl  it can be intense and sometimes we run out. It's so crazy. But at the same time as going through these small inconveniences my eyes have been opened. Last weekend a group of friends and I were out having a good time we got some desserts and then we walked through the plaza when a little girl came up to us.  She was 7 years old her name was Mariamilagro "Mary miracle" she was selling gum. It broke our hearts because not only was it about 10:30 pm and she was by herself, but also it seemed as if she had been drugged. Her mannerisms were very strange. We asked her where her parents were she just pointed over there and then crawled in my friend Amy's lap. She just wanted to be loved. It was so hard because we had to leave to get back to the college. But I wanted to go to her parents and then I realized that wouldn't change anything... they are using her to sell stuff they aren't going to stop. In this situation what do you do? We prayed and are continually praying but I so wanted to take action I just don't know what that would look like. And once again I am reminded to be thankful for all that I have been given...

 I had just went through the Thousands Gifts Bible study before I came to Peru which is all about being thankful. It basically shows you that when you are giving thanks to God for all things your whole attitude and perspective changes. Right now God has been speaking in volumes on this subject.


Each morning when I wake up I look out at most amazing view and I am completely aware of God's presence. It truly is incredible, and for that I couldn't be thankful enough... I think about where God has me right now and the blessing of being supported by so many loving friends and family and I am speechless. There are so many more things I want to share but they will have to wait until next time I have internet. For now I would just ask that you could pray for us living here for heart changes, for action, and for all the kids on the street for protection, love, and salvation. Thank you all! Rest in His presence today.

No comments:

Post a Comment