Sunday, January 8, 2012

Hope saved me...

Modern DefinitionA feeling of expectation and desire for a certain thing to happen.
Biblical Definition: A strong and confident expectation.


In the Bible, hope is never a static or passive thing. It is dynamic, active, directive and life sustaining. This is everywhere obvious as we read the Word. Take a concordance, look up the word “hope” and you will find reference after reference pointing out the active results of hope in the lives of those who truly have a biblical hope and live accordingly. In other words, a biblical hope is not an escape from reality or from problems. It doesn't leave us idle, drifting or just rocking on the front porch. If our hope is biblical and based on God's promises, it will put us in gear. -http://bible.org/article/hope /
When you feel hope bubbling in and through you it is a wonderful thing. I don't think words can describe the sensations it brings. It is much like when you stand under a waterfall for the first time, or see a star go shooting across the sky, or maybe like seeing a Rainbow appear on the stormy grey skies. The contrast is the most astounding thing. What once was utter darkness now breaks forth to light. If that is not incredible then I don't know what is. 




Hope saved me, it keeps me going; it is not hope in and of itself, as if hope is personified, but it is in who I place my hope that saves me and there is only one who can do that,  and He is the Lord, Jesus Christ.

No comments:

Post a Comment