Friday, February 14, 2014

Ministry

Last saturday we got to do some ministry with the kiddos in Carhuaquero. I love going there! The people are  so sweet, before we start they lead us into worship in Quechua I recorded a bit of it below! (Isn't it beautiful?!?)

Afterwards we do a sunday school class for the kids but this time an older lady named Miranda came too. When I first met her she kept asking me to teach her to say her name. I was so confused? She said a lot of other things too but so fast I couldn't understand so I asked Don to help translate. He also was wondering why she was asking us so he told her that her name was the same in English as in Spanish then she rephrased her question it wasn't that she wanted us to teach her how to say her name....  she wanted to learn how to write her name....
I was shocked I don't know why... I mean I should understand this by now that these people don't learn stuff like writing, or reading. They don't have a need for it... but that doesn't mean they don't have a desire. So in that moment I got a crayon and one of the coloring pages we had for the kids and wrote out her name in big letters at first it was really hard for her to copy but within a few tries she was able to. It was so neat. Before I knew it it was time to leave but  I wasn't ready to go! We only come every other Saturday so it will be a while before I see her again but I am looking forward to it.

Before we left they wanted us to eat with them so for lunch it was boiled potatoes with green sauce :) hehe yum! It's kind of fun to eat because you peel the potatoes by hand and then throw the peels on the ground or to the dogs. I really feel so blessed to live here. And I'm not sure I can imagine leaving... But again I want to thank all of you who have helped me to be able to stay here. God is faithful to provide.  As for updates things are going well. My apartment is looking a lot more like my home (but still has a long way to go). Leading worship is still very stretching for me and sometimes I just want to give up but all in all I am so glad to be able to serve in this way.
Psalms 25:4-7
Make me to know your ways, O Lord;
    teach me your paths.
5Lead me in your truth and teach me,
    for you are the God of my salvation;
    for you I wait all the day long.
Remember your mercy, O Lord, and your steadfast love,
    for they have been from of old.
Remember not the sins of my youth or my transgressions;
    according to your steadfast love remember me,
    for the sake of your goodness, O Lord!


No comments:

Post a Comment