Tuesday, March 11, 2014

wow....

this is the view from my apartment window!
Talk about crazy! haha things have been going great here and time has been going so fast! Cajamarca is the capital in Peru for Carnival (a festival that last.... forever haha  or so it seems) anyhow being so it is expected to get drenched with water balloons, squirt guns, buckets, and whatever is near throughout town for about a whole month... I most definitely experienced that! (being a "gringa" foreigner you are a sure target) It can be really fun! especially getting them back when they least expect it haha! But also during the celebration comes  1 to 2 days of PAINT throwing!!!! Fortunately I missed out on the paint but got some pictures!









On March 7th we had our first visit to the orphanage. It was so incredible! (on my next post ill have pictures from the Orphanage!) We started out by playing with the kids, I got a soccer game going of course :) and then we did some songs a puppet show and a lesson on creation. The kids were really into it and asked some great questions. It was such a blessing to be with them... We will be going again on March 28th I can't wait! The other ministries have been going really well, bellow are some pictures from Carhuaquero and a new ministry in Incanllada (im pretty sure thats not how you spell it but i will get the correct spelling next time! haha) I especially feel bonded to these kiddos :)




:)

Potatoes!




Meet Cynthia and Rosia... <3


Stealing my hat was their favorite game! lol
I will be posting another update soon! (It's been too long!)

No comments:

Post a Comment