Sunday, January 5, 2014

Four Months!

 
It’s hard to believe four month passed by so fast! And now that I’m home, well honestly I can’t wait to go back. Peru has a way of capturing your heart that’s for sure. The culture is just so inviting and they are ready and willing to hear about Jesus. While these last four months have not been what I expected, they have opened many new opportunities. Originally I thought I would be working on starting a hydroponic garden system and a small farm for a Bible college, well God had different plans. At first I was really upset about not doing what I had been looking forward to, but in the end I’m glad it worked out this way. I spent the last few months helping out the college in other ways like building pathways, hauling rocks, and starting a compost pile. It was hard work but I was glad to do it. I also started getting involved in a church called Refugio or “Refuge”. It’s a small church but it’s sincere and that’s what I love about it. Recently I was asked by the Pastor to serve there helping with worship, children’s ministry, and maybe even starting an after school program. I’m really excited for this opportunity! In Oswald Chamber’s “The Utmost for His Highest” he speaks of gracious uncertainty and I feel I'm beginning to understand that more and more. Although I’m unsure of what the future holds I’m certain of who holds it and in that I rest. I will be headed back to Peru January 7th not knowing how long I will be there or what will happen next. But in the mean time I wanted to send out an update and just say thank you so much for all of you who made this possible. I can’t express how grateful I am. I pray for you that this Christmas would be a time of remembrance of all that God has done in and through your life. Merry Christmas and God bless!
~Brandy~

No comments:

Post a Comment