Tuesday, September 13, 2011

Battered, bruised and unclothed in self-pity. -Dead Poetic



Things I've learned... 
  1. Sin always hurts. Whether its you or others, whether its past or present; To Jesus it is nails, thorns, and His  blood on our cross.
 2. The more you focus on self the lonelier you feel.
 3. Serving others defeats depression!
 4. Life has nothing to do with you.
 5. Being blessed isn't a matter of the things you have been given, but being thankful for the things you already have.
 6. The first shall be last. Everything we understand is completely backwards in God's eyes.
 Last but not least (haha  there are truly many more but for now these 7 are on my heart)
 7. Perspective, it changes everything... Having the correct perspective is vital to following after Christ.

You know... God is so good He has always proven himself to be faithful to me. I don't understand why I ever doubt him or why I constantly look to others for comfort, for love. Below I put some lyrics to one of my favorite songs be Dead Poetic it is called Take this Breath...
Take this breath for me because 
I cannot bear to do it alone
Pray this prayer for me because
I have no strength to go on
You wont understand me
And I wont understand completely
You don't know what its like
To die inside so completely
 Battered bruised and unclothed in self pity
But I cannot change this city
Downtrodden upon like an insect infect
I know so much I haven't realized yet
I can't go on no I've tried and tried take this breath God dry my eyes 

Take this breath for me (Take this breath for me)
Take this breath for me (and hold me close and hold me close) 


 Lord... Please hold me close. amen

No comments:

Post a Comment