Saturday, September 24, 2011

hmmm.


faithNoun/fāTH/

1. Complete trust or confidence in someone or something.
2. Strong belief in God or in the doctrines of a religion, based on spiritual apprehension rather than proof

In the Bible it always talks about having faith like a child right? But although I do feel like a child most of the time I realize that my faith is strong for everything else but myself. I can have faith for my friends because I know God will work things out for them. But when it comes to the work He is doing in my heart all I can see is my failures. Is God not bigger than my shortcomings? Is his grace only sufficient for others? I know He is the almighty one He can do anything.... But nothing will happen if I don't have faith. Think about the story of the woman in Mathew 9:20-22
Just then a woman who had been subject to bleeding for twelve years came up behind him and touched the edge of his cloak. She said to herself, "If I only touch his cloak, I will be healed." Jesus turned and saw her. "Take heart, daughter," he said, "your faith has healed you." And the woman was healed from that moment.

The Lord must be willing as well. If i truely want this I must also believe that he wants this too.  Matthew 8:2:3
A man with leprosy [fn] came and knelt before him and said, "Lord, if you are willing, you can make me clean.
Jesus reached out his hand and touched the man"I am willing," he said. "Be clean!" Immediately he was cured [fn] of his leprosy.

 So many things strike me about these passages... Jesus touched the untouchable, He was willing, and immediately he helped these people. I know I want to change, I know I want to be new, but I don't know how to get past this brick wall that is constantly in my face.

Jesus, if you are willing please change me. I don't want to be like this anymore. You know my heart perfectly, you see all the flaws, but Lord please heal me inside. I cant take the aching tearing pain anymore. Increase my faith. Free me from the past and help me move on. I so need you. God here I am all of me may Your will be done. In Jesus name, Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment