Tuesday, October 11, 2011

One day...

Okay okay I know this might seem a little uhh.. not uh I dunno? but the truth is one day in the future I will treasure this song. It's as if I can almost hear him singing it to  me.  And it makes me smile. So for this blog as sappy as it sounds Im just going to put verses (: the sappiest ones of course... 


The LORD God said, "It is not good for the man to be alone. I will make a helper suitable for him."
Then the LORD God made a woman from the rib he had taken out of the man, and he brought her to the man. For this reason a man will leave his father and mother and be united to his wife, and they will become one flesh. (Genesis 2:18+22+24)
“But at the beginning of creation God ‘made them male and female. For this reason a man will leave his father and mother and be united to his wife, and the two will become one flesh.’So they are no longer two, but one. Therefore what God has joined together, let man not separate.” (Mark 10:6-9)
25Husbands, love your wives, just as Christ loved the church and gave himself up for her 26to make her holy, cleansingb her by the washing with water through the word, 27and to present her to himself as a radiant church, without stain or wrinkle or any other blemish, but holy and blameless. 28In this same way, husbands ought to love their wives as their own bodies. He who loves his wife loves himself.29After all, no one ever hated his own body, but he feeds and cares for it, just as Christ does the church— 30for we are members of his body. 31“For this reason a man will leave his father and mother and be united to his wife, and the two will become one flesh.” (Ephesians 5) 
( p.s. I love the whole story of how Isaac and Rebekah met)
And Isaac brought Rebekah into his mother Sarah's tent, and she became his wife. He loved her deeply, and she was a special comfort to him after the death of his mother. (Genesis 24:67)
Song of Songs repeats this warning: Do not arouse or awaken love until it so desires.
All beautiful you are, my darling; there is no flaw in you (Song of Songs 4:7)
You have stolen my heart, my sister, my bride; you have stolen my heart with one glance of your eyes, with one jewel of your necklace (Song of Songs 4:9)
"I am my beloved's, And his desire is for me." (Song of Songs 7:10)
Place me like a seal over your heart, like a seal on your arm; for love is as strong as death, its jealousy unyielding as the grave. It burns like blazing fire, like a mighty flame (Song of Songs 8:6)
But as for now and forever... these next verses our my comfort and joy!
For your Maker is your husband--the LORD Almighty is his name--the Holy One of Israel is your Redeemer; he is called the God of all the earth. (Isaiah 54:5)
"I will betroth you to me forever; I will betroth you in righteousness and justice, in love and compassion. I will betroth you in faithfulness, and you will acknowledge the LORD" (Hosea 2:19-20)



No comments:

Post a Comment